How to use Facebook messenger as your default sms
SMS IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Very recently Facebook has introduced short messaging service (SMS) in its MESSENGER APP.
Today we are enabling people to use SMS in Messenger for Android to communicate with their family, friends and phone contacts. What this means is you will now have the choice to be able to send and receive your SMS/texts in Messenger and will not have go to different screens on your phone to communicate.
It means you can now SMS to any one from your ANDROID smart phone using Facebook messenger.
You can set Messenger as your default SMS sending app.
People receive messages via both SMS and Messenger.
For example -your best friend sends you GIFs on Messenger whilst your mom only uses SMS.
It will make easier to stay in touch with all the people you care about.
This new feature will bring the convenience of being able to access all your messages in one place, making your messaging a lot simpler and helping you stay on top of your conversations!
STEPS TO ACTIVATE
- Install Facebook messenger app from the play store
- Go to SETTINGS
- Tap SMS from the list
- Tick on DEFAULT SMS APP
- Done !!!
Now you can see and check you SMSs right from the messenger app and can send sms to your contacts also.
The best thing is that you can bifurcate the difference between the regular sms and Facebook messages by its colors.Your SMS conversations will be in purple and your Messenger conversations will be in blue.
So in short Facebook wants us to spend more and more time in the world of Internet on their site.
What else do you need to know?
- SMS in Messenger supports standard text, images, videos, and audio, but also rich content like stickers, emojis, and location sharing.
- You’ll have to use regular Messenger to send GIFs, send money, make voice & video calls, and request transportation.
- The feature is only available on Android. However, when you send an SMS message, the recipient can be on any platform.
- SMS in Messenger doesn’t send, upload or store your conversations on Facebook servers.
- All messages are sent and received via SMS. Standard SMS, regular text fees apply.
- Regular, non-SMS messages sent/received on Messenger will continue to use data.
Using this feature is your choice; you can easily switch to a different app as your primary SMS app from your device settings, or directly from the app that you want to make your primary SMS app like HANGOUTS in GOOGLE