How to set Nick name for your contact in GOOGLE NOW
Now you can set NICK NAME for your contact in GOOGLE NOW
Setting of nick name in Google Now is important.As Google has introduced voice calling facility from its search bar by saying just “OK GOOGLE”
So if you want to make a call from your phone you need not have to search for the name in your phone’s contact list you just have to say OK GOOGLE followed by the name of the person you want to call.
E.g. Say you want to call your wife whose name is Jenny,so you just have to say first OK GOOGLE and than say CALL JENNY,it will Immidiately connect your call to your wife Jenny
So why to set NICK NAME for the contact
- Say if you want to call your wife Jenny for example, and it happens that in your contact list there are more than one contact by the same name Jenny so all the Jenny cannot be your wife😄,so to distinguish you have to set Nick Name for your wife by some other name like WIFE OR DARLING.It also relates to your kids and any other relations
- Now say you are in public place and you want to call your wife,so to hide the name from public you can set her name as any Nick Name
- Now it is also applicable to your GIRL 💑FRIEND’S name also and from whom you want to hide her name that I don’t have to mention here as you are smart enough to understand😉.
OK JOKES APART,Now comings to the business
HOW TO SET NICK NAME FOR YOUR BELOVED ONES
- Install Google Now from PLAY STORE or Open the Google app
- Swipe home screen to its right
- Touch the microphone icon or say “Ok Google,” (without touching),then
- say a nickname for one of your contacts. For example, “Hiren
- bhai is my partner“
- If you have multiple contacts with the same first name, pick the right person.
- Touch Add nickname.
Once the nickname is added, you can contact them by saying things like “Text my sister”,”Email my mom”or “Call Partner”
HOW TO REMOVE A NICK NAME
- Tell Google that the contact shouldn’t go with that nickname. For example, “Ok Google, Hiren bhai is not my partner“
- When the contact appears, touch Remove nickname.
How to remove Nick Name manually
- Swipe your home screen to its right
- Tap 3 horizontal lines in upper left corner of your screen
- Tap settings
- Tap Accounts & Privacy
- Tap Nicknames
- Tap on the name of your contact you saved as Nickname
- Tap Remove
- Done !!!
- If you have stored the contact in your phone as a Nick Name only than there is no need to add Nick Name to your contact
- You cannot set in reverse order i.e. You can’t say My wife name is Jenny
This feature is only available for Android devices with the Google app language set to English.
See our related links for more info and action