How to set a strong password
Is your password safe enough?
This statement directly comes to our head after we hear about the latest hack of Mark Zuckerberg’s pinterest, instagram and twitter accounts .We may not hold as big a business entity as that of Mark , yet our social media accounts portray our identity . If unprotected it can be misused . One’s identity details can easily be tracked using his/her social networking account . With the advancement of technology , hackers have developed many ways of hacking into our accounts .
One’s identity details can easily be tracked using his/her social networking account .
We can hardly be completely protected in our day to day activities from these vicious hackers . However we can definitely take steps to protect our accounts from easy access.This can be done by making sure that we have a strong password .
Which are the weak passwords ?
The first mistake what the people do is set a straightforward password so they need not stress about remembering them . These passwords can be hacked in minutes . Some of the most hacked passwords include-
These are the worst passwords to be used since they do not have a combination of any sort. A simple order of alphabets or and numbers . If you have such a password then change it rightaway!!!
In order to generate a strong password you can visit password generator sites
How to set up a strong password ?
Setting up a strong password is not a very difficult task . Rather remembering the password can be a bit of headache .
- A strong password should contain a mixture of alphabets and characters (also punctuations if possible to remember). It should be a combination of lower case , upper case , numbers . eg- b$Pnd2|..G8
- The password should neither be a direct word used out of dictionary nor a common phrase .
- The longer the password the better it is. Try creating a password that has a good length of around 12 characters minimum .
- The password should not involve common substitutions like c@t where @ is substituted for a.
- The password should be such that it is easy to remember as well as is a random combination of words . Like the password mentioned above can be remembered as b$Pnd2|..G8 – black sheep and two lazy gate .
- In order to generate a strong password you can visit password generator sites like passwordsgenerator.net .They help in landing a good long password . Also such sites will give examples on how to remember them .
- As far as possible do not use same passwords for multiple sites . Their trace can be left and hackers can follow their trail . Now a days we all have many accounts and creating equal amount of passwords and remembering them can be a big headache . However there are many password managers available which can help to make this task convenient . Some of these are Dashlane, lastpass , keepass.
NOTE:-These are some of the measures to help build a strong password but there is a possibility that user may be hacked. Also avoid using the password mentioned above as it is just for illustration purposes.