How to change the old layout of the Wikipedia’s article to an interesting new layout
Change the way and the style of reading on Wikipedia in an interesting way.
Are you bored of reading the Wikipedia’s article in the old layout?
Now you can change to an interesting layout of Wikipedia and get rid from the old layout.Sometimes we get bored of reading the articles in a simple manner without any pictures or graphics.So we are not able to read it in an interesting way and often leave that article half read.
So now there is a way out for this in the current technological world.See the picture below,You will better understand.
In this picture below,one is the original taken from Wikipedia page and second one is taken from the website called WIKIWAND.
The writings of both the pictures are same,they are not altered but the main difference is in its LOOK,DESIGN AND FEEL !!!
To better understand this concept,lets imagin, some one taking the picture of us where we are standing in the middle of some desert area where there is nothing but the sand all around us.
Now with the help of PHOTOSHOP if we replace only the background of that picture from say sand to any greenaries behind us.
This will change the entire look of that particular picture.
So in the same way this web page changes only the background of the articles without editing the content part.so that you will be getting the same article to read as if it is on
Wikipedia but in an interesting way.
How to use WIKIWAND ?
- Go to WIKIWAND website.(http://www.wikiwand.com)
- Here you will see various links like DOWNLOAD FOR CHROME,DOWNLOAD FOR IPHONE,DOWNLOAD FOR FIREFOX,DOWNLOAD FOR SAFARI,DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID
- Click on DOWNLOAD FOR CHROME
- This will open the link of WIKIWAND EXTENSION in the web store of a chrome browser
- Here click on ADD TO CHROME link
- You will be asked to add an extension on chrome
- Add that extension after reading it.
- You will then receive THANK YOU message from WIKIWAND
- Now you will be asked to get through and see the different examples of Wikipedia’s articles on the subject of GLASS
So now if you click any article,you will see the magic of WIKIWAND over WIKIPEDIA.
So now say if you clicked on the article of Google Glass,you won’t believe that you are reading any Wikipedia’s article !!! If you check the address bar you will get the address of WIKIWAND instead of WIKIPEDIA.
All written matters and images are of Wikipedia,but server and design is of WIKIWAND!!!
WIKIWAND is also available as an add-on in the Firefox Mozilla Browser,in that if you open an article about Google glass on a regular Wikipedia and compare it with the same article on WIKIWAND,you will make out the exact difference between the two articles.
Like Wikipedia,WIKIWAND also gives us the permission to customize the articles we are reading.YOU CAN
- change the font type
- make the background dark
- change the size of the font
- change the size of the coloumn
- also easily share the articles as well as images.
At the end of all this menu you will find a W at the right side corner of the screen.By pressing this W,you will get an opportunity to read the article in WIKIPEDIA or WIKIWAND.
After experiencing this feature,if you like to shift again to the original Wikipedia you can do it by uninstalling WIKIWAND in the main menu section of WIKIWAND.