How to add an articles,images and make changes in Wikipedia
Yes you read it correctly,now you can also add an articles,images and also make changes in your and others article of Wikipedia.
This is the main reason of disappearing the images in a short period of time from Wikipedia.
As we all know that volunteers like you and me,are writing lakhs of articles on Wikipedia without charging any money or fees just to provide general information to the public free of cost.
Anyone having an Internet access can write or change the articles with some restrictions.
According to the information updated by July 18,2014,there are of total 76000 active users are giving there services voluntarily over Wikipedia and all this volunteers together are working on over about 3 crores 10 lakhs of articles in 285 languages all over the world.
So like this volunteers,you can also give your expert service to Wikipedia by adding,editing,new articles or images.
Follow these steps before you start giving your voluntary services to Wikipedia.
- Open your account in a Wikipedia
- For this click on creat account link on the upper right hand side of the screen in Wikipedia.
- Give your,user name–set your password-give your email address (giving email is optional but it is necessary to update your email address as it can be used in case you forgot your password)
By providing this information you can open your account on Wikipedia but still you can’t upload your articles as there are few rules that you have to follow.
- Just wait for 4 days after the account has ben opened.As your account must be 4 days old before editing in Wikipedia.
- Now the Wikipedia gives you permission for only editing the articles and not more.You can start editing in others articles.
- Now You must edit the Wikipedia articles for atleast 10 times to get confirmation on your account from Wikipedia.
- After completing all these formalities your account will get confirmed and you can upload your file on English Wikipedia.
- If you are thinking to upload any images you want on Wikipedia then you are wrong.You just cannot upload any images it should be either not copy righted or its your own clicked image.
- At the time of uploading the image you will be asked a few questions about the image and its copyright and if you successfully gave your answers then only you can allow to upload the image.
- But remember if at all you succeeded to upload the images by providing wrong information then also it will be deleted (by thousands of volunteers who are continuously watching Wikipedia)if your image is not up to the mark or not appropriate according to the subject.
This is the main reason of disappearing the images in a short period from Wikipedia.
So if you can obey this rules then you are definitely ready to log in to any article of Wikipedia by clicking the upload file in tools section of the left side panel.