Guidelines to start your own channel on YOU TUBE
Start your own online channel on YOU TUBE for business or personal purpose.
You Tube serves as a great platform to put a brand,product or service in front of millions of potential viewers,with the click of a button.Here are some tips on how you can become a successful YOU TUBER.
Steps to create You Tube channel
1. First,create your free Google account.If you are starting a channel for your business,set it up from scratch,using a unique and non-personal email address.That way someone else from your organization can run the channel without you having to disclose your personal Google account information.But remember,only one You Tube channel can be associated with each Google account.
2. Since there is no specialized business account or You tube channel for businesses,customize the channel’s settings so it best caters to your audience and showcases your business,its image and your videos.
3. Make sure you upload a photo or logo,and in the ABOUT section,add a short description,add links(which lets you decide whether or not to show how many views your channel has),and add channels to highlight partners,different departments,or individual employees.If you don’t know of any other You Tube channels you want to feature,you can leave this section blank and update it after you’re better acquainted with the platform
4. The video manger helps you manage all your content.There are also some unique features found on this page:
- The ability to live stream a different event
- A place to go to create video playlists
- A tab to access your search history
- A tab that shows you all of the videos you’ve liked.
5. The first video you upload should be a trailer for your channel.Depending on your industry or focus of your channel,the initial trailer can be a general look at what your company,product or service is all about,or can be more specific or an unusual video to convey the detail of the channel.
6. Like any other online community,You Tube needs to be maintained and managed.As your presence continues to build,it’s important to constantly engage with your target audience and also,find people who are dissatisfied with your brand,and address their issue.
7. You Tube also has a formidable analytics suite.You can use this data to help decide what content you want to produce and use key factors like audience demographics,playback locations,devices watched from and audience retention,to better tailor your videos.
8. Finally,don’t forget to link your channel with your other social networking accounts such as Facebook,Twitter and Google+.Remember that more platforms means more views and more exposure.
Sources:mashable.com,sprout social.com,entrepreneur.com,Reader’s Digest.